Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Should I retake ACT and SAT math 2

whcj46810whcj46810 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
ACT 35, but essay is 7
SAT chem and bio 800, but math 2 only 780
Aiming for Princeton engineering school and MIT, Asian female. Are 7 essay and 780 math 2 too low?

Replies to: Should I retake ACT and SAT math 2

• GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    No, your tests are excellent. Do not waste your time retaking the tests. Work on your essays instead.
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 34,183 Super Moderator
    edited July 13
    Please, no. If you don't make it into Princeton it will NOT be because of your test scores.
  • oldschooldadoldschooldad Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Echoing what others have said: do NOT waste time taking more tests. ACT composite is only one notch below perfct. Schools like Princeton only demand two subject tests (and presumably use only two in calculating index for admissions purposes) and you have a nice pair of 800s--can't get better than that.

From what I've read from informed people on CC, the third SAT II test is just eye candy. Don't waste time groveling for a measly 20 points on redundant SAT II and 1 point on already-great ACT. Ok, so your ACT essay wasn't great, but the most effective thing you can do to allay any concerns about writing is to produce great application essays.

Your job now is to demonstrate that you are more than an excellent test-taker.

• whcj46810whcj46810 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Thank you all very much! I will move on from here!