Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Improving my SAT score

singh99singh99 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I got 1280 on my first try on the SAT, without any preparation at the beginning of sophomore year. What's the best way to study from your experience if you are planning to break 1500 mark? Should I try to study so that I can take the test in the spring or wait until the beginning of junior year?

Replies to: Improving my SAT score

• CgaopeCgaope Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Khan academy is great resource.
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 4,372 Senior Member
    Take a look at the book "Up your Score, the Insider's Guide to the SAT."" It's about $12 on amazon. It's full of real tips on beating the test.

I see no point in taking it as a sophomore
  • Postal602Postal602 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Khan academy is your best bet if you don't want to spend any money.
  • SmokieLGMSmokieLGM Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 14
    Uworld is a great resource.
  • billcshobillcsho Registered User Posts: 16,498 Senior Member
    It was a bad idea to take a real test unprepared. It not only costs you money, it may even hurt your college applications in different ways. You should have just get a practice score and started from there. There are plenty of resources for trst prep. My Ds did not like the online ones including Khan. They just use practice books and they are all avialble in our public library. The important thing is your committment in practice and review.