Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

There is hope. I had a 1330 SAT that I turned into a 1440 and a 33 ACT.

pensfan101pensfan101 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Hey there.
You've probably been swamped by people on this website that have perfect test scores, and you may be far from that. But don't BE LET DOWN. There is HOPE. I took the SAT for the first time and got a 1330. I guess this is not a bad score, but I am a competitive student and a top high school. I am a horrid test taker. I then tried out the ACT, got a 29C, when i thought I had got a 32 at the lowest. I took it again and I got a 28C. I then retook both the ACT and the SAT at the start of my senior year and got a 1440 and 33C!! I raised my Reading ACT score by about 10 points!!! I raised my Reading on the SAT by over 50 points.
So if you're upset with your scores 1) get off cc!!! and don't compare yourself to other people. 2) Just because you're a bad test taker, that does NOT mean you are unintelligent in anyway. MANY schools across the U.S. are becoming test optional...there's a reason for that: A 3 HOUR TEST CAN NOT EFFECTIVELY PORTRAY how hard you've worked for the past 17 or so years. 3) Take a break from standardized testing. I truly thought that summer break let my mind chill. I had about a 3 month gap between when I started retesting again.
Have hope my friend.
If you need any help/ want someone to talk to, PM me :)

Replies to: There is hope. I had a 1330 SAT that I turned into a 1440 and a 33 ACT.