Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Act science

lostsenior4829lostsenior4829 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
I’m taking the act in around 16 days and I need massive help on the science portion which I have a 21 in right now. I’m going to order 500 questions to know by test day book and does anybody know any strategies to study this in 2 weeks this is my last chance so I’m giving it all that I have

Replies to: Act science

• justdreamingjustdreaming Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Hey. I managed to improve my ACT science score by 6 points (though guaranteed it was in more than 16 days). My biggest piece of advice is to do practice tests. Do one without timing yourself to see if your issue is more content or timing. One tip for timing is to just skim the passage and go back once you what information the questions are asking for. The questions can be very dense so I recommend underlining the important points.
  • ACTscienceprepACTscienceprep Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I'm a tutor. I have an article on my site that deals with this issue. Go to the website that's in my profile picture, and add /act-science-tips/ afterwards. Sorry, but CC doesn't allow me to post the full links!
  • MathMom71MathMom71 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    My son improved his ACT science by just doing practice tests - the free ones on the act site - just did the science only tests the week leading up to the test.