Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Math Level 1 or Level 1C?

applesatyrapplesatyr Posts: 250Registered User Junior Member
I have just begun a common application for some universities I want to apply to; but under the SAT II subject test, there are two selections for each of the math subject tests (Math level 1, then Math level IC, and so on.). Can anybody tell me what this means?
(On collegeboard, my registration only says Math level 1 and Math level 2...I assumed that meant IC and IIC because there weren't any other options.)
Post edited by applesatyr on

Replies to: Math Level 1 or Level 1C?

• celebrian25celebrian25 Posts: 15,373Registered User Senior Member
    math level 1=math 1c
    math level 2=math 2c
  • applesatyrapplesatyr Posts: 250Registered User Junior Member
    Yes....thanks for the reply; but why are there two for each?
  • hazelorbhazelorb Posts: 3,106Registered User Senior Member
    the "c" stands for calculator
  • tealteal Posts: 875Registered User Member
    I'm not sure what you're asking but if you're asking why there is more than one line for the subject tests to put your score, it's because some people retake and so they would have more than one score.

If you're asking why are there two types of subject tests, there's two so you can choose which level you'd be comfortable with.
  • hmanxhmanx Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
    There is Math 1C and Math 2C...2C covers more advanced math, things covered in algebra 2 and precalculus
  • nomir_dvanomir_dva Posts: 172Registered User Junior Member
    applesatyr, I also saw the four different SAT II math selections on the Common Application...I have no idea why they included those. As the official name is apparently IC and IIC, that is what I selected.
  • applesatyrapplesatyr Posts: 250Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies guys..that really helped. I'm glad the universities have this common app; it makes it a lot easier to apply there, especially when 11 or 12 of the schools where you are applying use it.