Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What does the SAT 2 Literature cover?

JenzJenz Posts: 208Registered User Junior Member
Hey, I signed up for the December 2 SAT 2 Subject tests for Literature and Biology. Does anyone who's taken the test already know what to expect on the Literature test? What does the test ask, and what should I be familiar with? What concepts should I know for the Ecology test for Biology?
Post edited by Jenz on

Replies to: What does the SAT 2 Literature cover?

• pinnipottopinnipotto Posts: 717Registered User Member
    Lit is similar to AP Lit multiple choice and SAT I CR, probably being between the two in difficulty.

I found it incredibly easy, but not everyone does. If you've taken AP Lit (or even lang) and done well, and/or you do well on CR, you should be fine.
  • PerplexitudinousPerplexitudinous Posts: 673Registered User Member
    I got 740 on critical reading and 500 on literature. I am a math & science person; I have a hard time dealing with the intense, time-constrained analysis on the lit test. I know other students who would find it easy... my recommendation: look before you leap; definitely take some practice tests.
  • dallydally Posts: 424Registered User Member
    I, too, found the SAT II Literature quite easy... it's a lot like a longer version of the SAT CR section to me. It's a little more difficult, but not too bad. There's a lot of poetry on there, and nonfiction, and occasionally a play. It's a hard test to study for-- either you're good at it, or you're not.
  • sanchez07sanchez07 Posts: 152Registered User Junior Member
    I got a 710 and I didn't crack a book. Just go over some literary terms and you will be fine.
  • nectarinenectarine Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    it's like a longer SAT CR section withOUT THE AWFUL VOCABULARY!!!!

which makes me very happy. don't know about you

oh, like what everyone up there said - with poetry. which is kind of nice.

if you're worried about literary terms, (though there were barely ANY on the May test) pick up a short review book. princeton review?