Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

what the difference between SAT,LSAT and PSAT ?

SparcoSparco Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
I want to study in B-School if this make any difference for the tests...
Post edited by Sparco on

Replies to: what the difference between SAT,LSAT and PSAT ?

• itla_unoitla_uno Posts: 336Registered User Member
    SAT = college entrance exam
    PSAT = "pre" SAT taken in October of sophomore/junior year of high school to qualify for National Merit scholarships
    LSAT = law school entrance exam
  • SparcoSparco Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    ok thanks,
    and what the difference between SAT I and SAT II ?
  • murkywatermurkywater Posts: 707Registered User Member
    SAT I is a test out of 2400 points with three sections: Critical Reading, Writing & Math. I believe it is three hours and forty-five minutes long, but someone correct me if that's false. Also, the SAT or ACT is required by most universities in the U.S.

SAT II are subject tests, usually one hour long. Some schools require 2 or 3 subject tests to have a greater sample of your academic abilities. Tests are usually in subjects like Biology E/MC, U.S. History, Math 1 & 2, etc.
    than for the most schools needed SAT I ?
  • itla_unoitla_uno Posts: 336Registered User Member
    Yes, you need the SAT I (also called SAT Reasoning) or the ACT, which is a different test that can replace the SAT. The SAT is based on "aptitude", while the ACT is based on knowledge. You can look at online practice questions to decide which is better for you.

You are talking about undergraduate b-school, though, right? Because for graduate school, you need to take the GRE exam instead.
  • Harvad HopefulHarvad Hopeful Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    SAT and PSAT are the same, although PSAT is used mainly for the NMSQT competition, while SAT is used for college admittance. SAT is mandatory!

LSAT is for medical school
  • UCantTouch9FeetUCantTouch9Feet Posts: 108Registered User Junior Member
    no lsat is for law school, mcat is for med, but don't worry about those when you're still in high school
    There is any good prep. class courses around the states for SAT and ACT or the books in Amazon is cover all very well?
    anybody know?
  • QuesceQuesce Posts: 770Registered User Member
    LSAT is for Law school, taken after 4 years of college.
    I'm don't talking about the LSAT or PSAT, what I mean this the SAT courses...
    for example, how you study for the SAT ? from book or any prepare courses in your state/town?
    about the previous post, don't mind I find "Classroom Courses" in google...
    how can I know if the school require the SAT II or just SAT I, I see at the admission forum of Berkeley that they ask about the SAT II, the question is, if I need to feel it or not?
    and another question if for b-school it's make any difference if I take the SAT or the ACT, by the way is not such think like ACT I, ACT II than how it's compare with the SAT I, SAT II. and what easier in SAT than in the act and opposite?
    pleaseeeeeeeeeee HELPPPPPPP :)
    bump
    bump
    bump