Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

last minute psat study suggestions???

mel5140mel5140 Posts: 245Registered User Junior Member
any ideas anyone????
Post edited by mel5140 on

Replies to: last minute psat study suggestions???

• D-MoneyD-Money Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    sign off CC and go to bed
  • GuinevereGuinevere Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    Last year, I took the practice test in the PSAT Bulletin the night before. I timed myself and tried to take the practice test as if I was actually taking the real one. It meant that I didn't go to bed until about 1:00 in the morning, which probably wasn't the best thing to do. But I do think that the practice test helped me. It helped me become familiar with the test format so that there were no surprises during the real test, and I knew how to pace myself. I ended up scoring 9 points higher on the real test than the practice (your score's not guaranteed to go up on the real test, of course, but I think the chances of it increasing are greater than if you were to take the real test "cold"). Anyway, those +9 points meant that I qualified for Nat'l Merit Semifinalist, so I think the practice test is definitely worthwhile, if you have the time. If you don't have enough time, definitely seek out a mixture of sample PSAT questions, so that you're familiar with the type of questions that will be on the test.
  • GuinevereGuinevere Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    I think D-Money's advice is wise as well. :) Depends on whether or not you can perform well without a great night's rest beforehand.

Sleep is very nice.
  • zantedeschiazantedeschia Posts: 7,841Registered User Senior Member
    Don't sign up to receive mail from colleges unless you really want tons of junk.