Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is 1380 a good score?

scherzo123scherzo123 Posts: 146Registered User Junior Member
I got a 1380 on the October SATs. Whst's REALLY weird is that I got a 690 and a 690. I am sooo much better at math than verbal?

Anyway is this (and my next score will probably be higher) good enough for Ivies w/ good ec's and GPA?
Post edited by scherzo123 on

Replies to: Is 1380 a good score?

• transferjoetransferjoe Posts: 135. Junior Member
    depending on your gpa and ec's you might have a good shot at the lower ivys but it would be a reach for the top ones such as harvard and yale.
  • scherzo123scherzo123 Posts: 146Registered User Junior Member
    ok, my GPA is a 4.2 and i have a lot of good, solid ECs...

but a 1380 isn't completely "out" at any good school?

obviously Princeton is a reach (also my top choice!) but i think i can get over a 1400 on the next one
  • rachelvishrachelvish Posts: 69Registered User Junior Member
    1380 is good but if you can get 1380, you can get 1400+ if you study really well.
  • chelsea 2005chelsea 2005 Posts: 226Registered User Junior Member
    hey, i personally think that 1380 is awesome! it's in the 95% percentile. i may be a tad bit biased, however, because that is the score i got. :) i am not sure if these are ivy league scores (i'm not applying to any), but they are still really good.
  • SalikSyedSalikSyed Posts: 727Registered User Member
    hey man... if you think you are better at math than verbal yet got the same score inboth.... RETAKE>... but study for the math ANYONE can get 800 math (that is smart i guess.... lol...) if i can i think anyone can .... iam pretty dumb and i got 800 math its jsut a bunch of tricks that they hide you can SO study for them... lol its hilarious...