Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

PSAT National Hispanic Scholar

floridakmmfloridakmm Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
When do I find out if I am a National Hispanic Scholar? I made a 195 is that enough? Can I get some money or have better chances at getting in to some schools if I am? sorry i tried asking the same questions to my guidance but their line is "i am not the head of that department." Maybe someone can help me out. thanks
Post edited by floridakmm on

Replies to: PSAT National Hispanic Scholar

• Variance2004Variance2004 Posts: 802- Member
    not enough to become Semi-Finalist on PSAT..
    probably not enough for PSAT National Hispanic Scholar either. But I cannot certainly say..

Ask some other people that are going for it..
  • ramsfanramsfan Posts: 527Registered User Member
    i'm no expert on this, but i have heard of scores in the 180's qualifying for national hispanic scholar. its not enough to be a semifinalist, but i think its good enough for national hispanic scholar
  • sentient89sentient89 Posts: 504Registered User Member
    Yes, I recall that national hispanic something like the top 95th percent. I'm pretty sure your 195 will qualify you.
  • floridakmmfloridakmm Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
    top 95% of everyone or just hispanics bc i was only in top 93% of everyone
  • floridakmmfloridakmm Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
    top 95% of everyone or just hispanics bc i was only in top 93% of everyone
    If I am just a scholar does that still mean i can get some reconition or money or what???
  • HiWeiHiWei Posts: 2,032Registered User Senior Member
    Anybody want to explain to me what National Hispanic Scholar is?

:)
  • celebrian25celebrian25 Posts: 15,373Registered User Senior Member
    For national achievement 190+ usually qualifies you, and I would expect the same for national hispanic.