Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

2008 AP Biology- Hardest AP Bio Exam in the last 8 years I have seen.

mcotocjcmcotocjc Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
2008 AP Biology- Hardest AP Bio Exam

There is no argument here. The MCs were hard and the FR was hard as well. I have compared this with all the last 8 years and no argument here. I think the curve is going to drop to 55% for a '5' and a 45% for a '4'.

If they use the bell shaped curve, it is going to be a right-skew. No kidding. There may be some lucky people here and there, but overall sentiment is very sour and negative. I am used to getting '5' in all the practice exams. I am hopeful that I can get a '4', but need one extra help from the curve 'GOD' to get a 5.

JAY
Post edited by mcotocjc on

Replies to: 2008 AP Biology- Hardest AP Bio Exam in the last 8 years I have seen.

• blubberxyzblubberxyz Posts: 271Registered User Junior Member
    Yes, that definitely was hard. :x the FRQ was killer, imo.
  • Dai DaiDai Dai Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    that was horrible..and i know that every year complains about their exams, but our free response was ridiculous..if you look at past years' free responses on college board, they're laughable.
  • BigIsBigIs Posts: 1,045Registered User Senior Member
    mcotocjc wrote:
    have compared this with all the last 8 years and no argument here.
    Where did you get the last 8 years of multiple choice?
  • mcotocjcmcotocjc Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
    I mean the FR for the last 8 years. For MC had the audit, 2002, 1999, 1994, 1990 exams.
  • BigIsBigIs Posts: 1,045Registered User Senior Member
    So you had one MC for the last 8 years, the 2002.

The audit was put together to be a practice test.
  • TheWokmanTheWokman Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    I don't know. I think the test was fairly easy. So if the curve was 55%, I think I got a 7. I was confident on all of the MCs except for the 5 i skipped. I finished all the FRQs within an hour. I don't see why you guys thought it was hard, it was pretty much common sense. I guess you should have studied more. I also thought the questions from my prep book were really hard.
  • lovepaneralovepanera Posts: 53Registered User Junior Member
    well then u must be a genius
  • calgarcalgar Posts: 282Registered User Junior Member
    I'm surprised.. the MC I thought was easy/medium and the FR was very doable..
  • nhsharvardnhsharvard Posts: 1,947Registered User Senior Member
    I thought 2007's last question for the FRQ made it the hardest test.

Well, good luck!!!!!!!

I thought I wouldn't pass the exam, but I received a 3. Now, I can get 5.3 credits for Biology in Berkeley.

I have a much harder AP science test this year: AP Chemistry.

AP Biology was much easier to learn.
  • Emi2008Emi2008 Posts: 250Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, AP Chem is by far the hardest AP (imho... haven't taken AP Physics :P). Though the MC was alright, the FRQ were more difficult than other years. I used past FRQ to practice with and these certainly had more "spice" to them.

#2 anyone?
  • bio123bio123 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    last year i took the ap bio test and everyone thought it was easy.. i talked to people that took it this year and said it was really easy
  • NeineibuNeineibu Posts: 297Registered User Junior Member
    The Free Response questions weren't hard at all... I mean some of them are basically common sense, except #1, 2a), and #4. The rest are really, really straight forward. The multiple choices were a bit hard. I didn't know five of the matchings. They all belong to the same section.

The other questions were really really straight forward though.
  • zfox001zfox001 Posts: 1,212Registered User Senior Member
    I am freaking out about chem right now...I thought that last years Bio was really easy. Not to mention i wouldnt be surprised if I only missed 5-8 total on the entire exam.
    Chem is a different story. I will be happy to pass....
  • elchertelchert Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    ughhh

for me, the m/c was weird. It was either a super easy question, or it was a question that was super hard. I probably got like 75-80 right...hopefully

The free response was medium...but I suck at the essays so I wasn't expecting myself to do well.
  • eviecottrelleviecottrell Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    agreed.
    the m/c was either extremely easy-knew the answer
    or i just straight up didn't know. i skipped a lot & didn't
    have time to go back, but maybe that's better ... probably
    would've guessed incorrectly anyway.

at first, i read the essays and gaped because i thought
    i didn't know anything. turns out they weren't so bad ...
    i don't think anyone should worry. after all, they don't
    take points off for anything wrong you say, unless you
    contradict yourself.