Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

how hard is AP Stat

intotherainintotherain - Posts: 384 Member
what do you generally learn/do in the class and is the AP test hard?
Post edited by intotherain on

Replies to: how hard is AP Stat

• NorthWestLoverNorthWestLover Registered User Posts: 477 Member
    I've never taken it, but appearantly people on this board says it's really easy and probably one of the easy AP curriculums to self study. I might be self-studying this next school year.
  • kanagawajinkanagawajin Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    You pretty much do nothing in the class. Just learn terms that seem complicated but not in fact hard at all. Not too much memorizing either. If you did well in math packets you used to do in middle/early high school - such as of graphs, logics, residuals, applications of algebra - you'll do fine.

AP Exam is very easy, compared to AP Calculus. However, most people find getting 5 hard - perhaps there are few curves. I'm not really sure about it because I haven't got its grade yet.

If you ask someone who took the course, he/she'll say it's really easy - and that is true.
  • kk.kk. Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    the course is easy but it doesn't seem to help much. I wish I had self studied instead of taking the class.
  • wrathofgod64wrathofgod64 Registered User Posts: 2,217 Senior Member
    it's a lot easier than calculus, but i do know some people who have gotten a 5 on calc bc and a 4 on stats. they claim to be better at the high level of pure math that calculus bc has to offer, whereas stats doesn't involve much math but rather deciding what to do given a situation. i got a 5 on both, and from my experience i found that stats is a lot easier, but also requires a different mindset and way of thinking than calculus.
  • spetsspets Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Stats is just knowing which program on your TI-83 to use in what situation.
  • intotherainintotherain - Posts: 384 Member
    its weird how my school offers this as an elective...
This discussion has been closed.