Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

If I take the ACT with writing, do I still have to take the SAT subject tests?

komets41komets41 Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
I'm also taking the SAT1.
Post edited by komets41 on

Replies to: If I take the ACT with writing, do I still have to take the SAT subject tests?

• agc0319agc0319 Posts: 229User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    No one has to take the subject tests, they're just highly recommended for top tier schools. If that's what you're aiming for, you should take two or three.
  • momjrmomjr Posts: 2,091Registered User Senior Member
    It depends on the school. Some schools will accept the ACT with writing in place of the SAT subject tests. I know that Penn and BU has this policy. Other schools will still require subjec tests.
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Posts: 16,443Registered User Senior Member
    Momjr is correct.
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,806Registered User Senior Member
    It depends on where you intend to apply. Go here for a list of colleges that require, recommend, or consider SAT IIs. In the required column you will see that some have an * next to the number. That means the college takes the ACT in lieu of both the SAT and SAT IIs. If no * then SAT IIs are still required even if you submit ACT: Compass: Admissions Requirements