Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How long to prepare for the SAT/ACT exams?

orangemarmaladeorangemarmalade Posts: 88Registered User Junior Member
How long do people prepare for the SAT/ACT tests? Is it a test that you could study (by doing practice tests, etc.) for a month and "ace"?

I'm not from the US and I'm not sure how long the standard study time frame usually is.

Thanks!
Post edited by orangemarmalade on

Replies to: How long to prepare for the SAT/ACT exams?

• hotinpursuithotinpursuit Posts: 719Registered User Member
    It depends on how smart you are and how you want to do.
    I would say study 4 weeks before 3 tests that you take. Should go over a course of 6 months or so.
  • glidoglido Posts: 5,068Registered User Senior Member
    Start by reading a lot of well written books when you are about nine years old. Keep it up until . . . well keep reading until you die. You will build a great vocabulary and get a knack for correct grammer and style. Start folding in some SAT practice tests in the seventh or eighth grade and keep doing them over and over like some nerded out, OCD freak - I am talknin' about 3,000 to 5,000 questions per year until the night before the test. Then, relax by seeing a movie to get your mind off it. Get a lot of sleep, have a complete, well balanced breakfast on the morning of the exam. Get to the test center early with three No.2 pencils and have at it. Good luck! (And remember, for some of you out there, anything less than an 800 in math will be dishonoring your family! . . . AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.)