Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

PSAT results!!!!!

whodareswinswhodareswins Posts: 348Registered User Member
edited January 9 in SAT Preparation
I just couldn't take it, so I had to start this post.
Our PSAT results should be out very soon!

Post here if you got your results!

Just soooooo excited!
Post edited by whodareswins on

Replies to: PSAT results!!!!!

• whodareswinswhodareswins Posts: 348Registered User Member
    I'm predicting that I'm barely going to miss my approx. cutoff score here (209).
    Despite the hours I spent on vocab, I'm not getting a good feeling about sentence completion. Math wasn't too hard but I'm still not sure. Writing, hmmmm...idk.

Can't wait!
    Good luck to all other National Merit contenders!
  • warlock46warlock46 Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    i hope the curves are good! im excited for mine too.
  • 314159265314159265 Posts: 4,276Registered User Senior Member
    Damn it, you made it seem like scores were already available.
  • ivyplannerivyplanner Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    do you guys know when the scores will be available?
  • LovexLightLovexLight Posts: 300Registered User Junior Member
    wait can we access the results through collegeboard or do we have to get them through school?
  • gensisgensis Posts: 651Registered User Member
    i hope i make the cutoff lol
  • yalefanboyyalefanboy Posts: 373- Junior Member
    ^what the hell? Didn't you already get a 2400? Why are you "hoping"? You should be confident.
  • OtherWindowOtherWindow Posts: 1,049Registered User Member
    LovexLight: The only way to see them online is to use a code given to you by your score report, given out by your school. So you have to wait for your school to give them out.
    psat penalizes a lot more for little mistakes, and I wasnt exactly in the best of shape for the psat, cuz i was sick and tired :(
  • chipbeechipbee Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    I noticed that the College Board website says that you can get the scores online in December, and they have a place for you to leave your e-mail address to be notified when they're available. Do you think this is a change, or do you need an access code as in previous years?
  • alihaq717alihaq717 Posts: 942Registered User Member
    Gensis- I don't mean to be rude, but are you sure you got a 2400? I remember arguing a certain writing question with you (about the conclusion to one of the improving paragraph ones, something about chinatown vs. successful flight) and my friend put the answer I put and got a 80 MC while you claim the same by putting the different answer. How is that possible?
  • abc12311580abc12311580 Posts: 200Registered User Junior Member
    you got me excited too =[ lol, i was wondering when someone was going to make a post though. I think semifinalist is around 218 for NY right? I already know I got a math grid in wrong so thats like a 76 =[

does anyone remember exactly when we got the results last year? I think it was early December.
    I think the curve for writing might be

-0 80
    -1 80
    -2 78

and so on, so i think we are permitted to make one error.
  • alihaq717alihaq717 Posts: 942Registered User Member
    Ah that makes sense. Sorry, didn't mean to affront you- I was just curious.
  • 314159265314159265 Posts: 4,276Registered User Senior Member
    Do you think this is a change, or do you need an access code as in previous years?

CB had the same exact interface and layout to the page and asked for the same information the past 2 years. Access codes were needed those two years, and I don't expect anything to be different.
    does anyone remember exactly when we got the results last year? I think it was early December.

I just looked through my e-mail trash box (I save pretty much all my deleted e-mails) and the 2009 PSAT results were available online (with access code) on 12/18. Of course, some schools get reports earlier and distribute them before 12/18; other schools (like mine) wait until January. -___-