Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

The Hardest Part of the SAT?

PropanePropane Posts: 466Registered User Member
edited March 2011 in SAT Preparation
Writing the agreement statement in script.
Post edited by Propane on

Replies to: The Hardest Part of the SAT?

• ElementiElementi Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
    I agree. I couldn't write in cursive to save my life.
  • BillyMcBillyMc Posts: 7,753. Senior Member
    Agreed; however, some CC posters have asserted that doing it in print has no effect (at least not often).
  • DesafinadoDesafinado Posts: 773Registered User Member
    Does it affect your writing score?
  • DedicatedFoolDedicatedFool Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    What? I don't get it. The hardest part of the SAT, in my opinion: is the critical reading section.

What's the agreement statement in script?
  • jspeed12jspeed12 Posts: 349Registered User Junior Member
    When you had to write the agreement saying you wouldn't cheat or whatever in cursive
    I haven't written anything in cursive except my name since like 3rd grade so thins was most def one of the hardest parts for me. Other than that I thought CR was tough at times
  • ghuskiesghuskies Posts: 604Registered User Member
    The cursive was difficult lol. I ran out of room and wrote under the last line.

Other than that, trying to maintain composure after reading the ridiculous photography essay prompt. I was shaking!

Sent from my iPhone using CC
  • ACTTesterACTTester Posts: 1,433Registered User Senior Member
    I agree. I was thinking this during the test...
  • NeedsHelp1212NeedsHelp1212 Posts: 557Registered User Member
    i always write in cursive, even my essay
  • Aayaa1Aayaa1 Posts: 109Registered User Junior Member
    Cursive was pretty bad lol. Took some kids in my room like 3 minutes I just wrote as fast as possible. The jersey shore essay had me shaking, I wasn't even really nervous, just had a ton of adrenaline...
  • javalavajavalava Posts: 101Registered User Junior Member
    oh my god some kids in my room were so retarted and kept whining. then the proctor took it upon himself to teach us all how to make cursive f's.
  • Lolar7Lolar7 Posts: 166Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, the cursive part took everyone in my room a long time, myself included. I thought I was going to run out of room on the lines.

The hardest part for me was not falling asleep. I had like 5 minutes extra after all my CR sections and I didn't check my work, I just dozed off a bit. Luckily the timer was really loud.
  • slon02slon02 Posts: 198Registered User Junior Member
    I hate that part of the SAT..I'd probably hate it more if I felt the need to actually make the letters cursive instead of just looking like cursive.
  • lollobrigidalollobrigida Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
    I ran out of room as well on the cursive. Our proctor forgot about it until after section 2.
    For the CR + W sections, I finished before the five minute marks, so I started to kind of close my eyes after section 5 or 6, then we got a five minute break which meant more shut eye, and I had trouble perking myself back up.

I think I'm going to die waiting for my scores.
  • batfanbatfan Posts: 896Registered User Member
    I always feel really self-conscious on the cursive part, haha. My handwriting's neat in print but my cursive either looks awkward or like a scribble especially after standardized testing. xD So I'd have to agree! But the essay prompt shocked me at first, so that would tie.
  • heyitzaustinheyitzaustin Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    Me in middle school: HAHAHA I'LL NEVER USE CURSIVE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
    Me during the SAT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---