Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

My Fast SAT Prep Guide: How I went 2080 -> 2340 In 10 Days

Replies to: My Fast SAT Prep Guide: How I went 2080 -> 2340 In 10 Days

• ZombieDanteZombieDante Registered User Posts: 3,895 Senior Member
    He said CAS which isn't even allowed I think...
  • herozero1234herozero1234 Registered User Posts: 624 Member
    i like this thread a lot, very good.

I have majority of the books here, so now i know how to use them perfectly. Thank you very much! hope to see improvement!!

And for the SAT online free practice test, does someone actually grade your essay?
  • aussietechieaussietechie Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    Thanks for the marvelous guide!!! I just had one question? Should I get the blue book right now or get the blue book closer to January when I take it. Or should I just the Barron's I got from the library?

-No worries to all of you :) Glad to help. I would say get it now, it is recently updated and not likely to change soon, and you can always start with a bit of early revision to work out how long it will take you to reach your target scores. And re: barrons - depends on which barrons book it is.

Thank you for posting this guide. Some of the books suggested seemed a little out of date. For example the latest edition of the blue book that I could find on Amazon was a 2009 version. Do you think that will matter?

-Check the link I have to the BB. It works, I just tried it.
    Why do you recommend having a Ti-NSPIRE even if you already have a TI-89. Does it help that much more?

--I feel that it does. It is a lot faster to use than the 89 IMO, having used both, so if you have time to learn how to use it (>1 month), then get the Nspire.

He said CAS which isn't even allowed I think...

--It is 100% allowed.

And for the SAT online free practice test, does someone actually grade your essay?

--Nope, just a computer program that tries to estimate a score sadly. But post your essay on the SAT forums and I'm sure someone will have a look. Even link me to your thread in a reply to this post and if I have time I'll try and take a look.
  • bfnk786bfnk786 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    I just had one question? Should I get the blue book right now or get the blue book closer to January when I take it. Or should I just the Barron's I got from the library?
  • VapperssVapperss Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    ^ he answered that exact question already
  • bfnk786bfnk786 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    ^^ Where?

10 char
    Thanks for the marvelous guide!!! I just had one question? Should I get the blue book right now or get the blue book closer to January when I take it. Or should I just the Barron's I got from the library?

No worries to all of you Glad to help. I would say get it now, it is recently updated and not likely to change soon, and you can always start with a bit of early revision to work out how long it will take you to reach your target scores. And re: barrons - depends on which barrons book it is.
    Don't really know how to Quote yet :/
  • echoyjeff222echoyjeff222 Registered User Posts: 316 Member
    for SAT hard problems only, will gruber's work or not?
  • SharonSUNYSharonSUNY Registered User Posts: 444 Member
    Bookmarked**
    do you suggest doing this right before the SAT or extensively over and over again (I'm taking it in oct)
    1680 :( shooting for 1820+
  • Edeleon004Edeleon004 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Ima try it, i got 2020 in june. Im taking it in probably oct so we will c
  • rvergnaudrvergnaud Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    WOW! Definitely going to try it. THANK YOU!
  • WhaleWhaleWhaleWhale Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    A Tinspire CAS isn't really necessary for the reasoning test, though it's definitely helpful for the SAT II math I and II. The one with a touchpad is pretty much the same as the other.

You can also get three free previously administered tests that were practice tests for the past three years (three of them I believe) from collegeboard online somewhere (I might post the link later)

Otherwise, great guide!
    >>for SAT hard problems only, will gruber's work or not?
    It sure will. I got 790 in math, just used Grubers.

>>Bookmarked**
    >> do you suggest doing this right before the SAT or extensively over and over again (I'm taking it in oct)
    >> 1680 shooting for 1820+
    Good luck! Definitely an achievable target. I would say do what you think is right; either do this for a week, take 2 weeks off, do it again, or space it out and do it slowly until October.

& Thanks guys :)
This discussion has been closed.