Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

My Fast SAT Prep Guide: How I went 2080 -> 2340 In 10 Days

Replies to: My Fast SAT Prep Guide: How I went 2080 -> 2340 In 10 Days

• Edeleon004Edeleon004 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I got 740 on math i want 800. Im going to get mcgrubers, but does the calculater really help? Without it ur guides would be give or take 115. With it, around 250
  • ParallelismParallelism Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
    A few questions:

Why the low-brimmed visor and Touchpad calculator? What other capabilities does the Touchpad have in comparison to the TI 84?
  • BlackBunny103BlackBunny103 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    Hi aussietechie, thanxx for the awesome guide.
    Pls check ur email =)

Btw I'm wondering can u pls show me how did u make ur flashcards? Would u pls give an example of 1 or 2 flashcards u made?

Thanxx
  • hkim0713hkim0713 Registered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    great, very comprehensive. thanks!!!
  • MrluggsMrluggs Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    How accurate are gruber's practice test?
  • sm2626sm2626 Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Does it matter if i get Gruber's 2400 or the complete guide? Which one is better if I got a 610 in math and my goal is a 750?
  • StrangeCamusStrangeCamus Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Very thorough guide. I was amused to see my grammar guide actually mentioned haha. Looking back, it's probably not as helpful as I intended, though. I didn't really explain things in my guide as much as I should have.
  • MedTripMedTrip Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    bump bump bump
  • BIRDLOVERSBIRDLOVERS Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Is the barron's 2400 grammer section also in either the "How to prepare for the SAT" or "Writing Workbook"(Both barron's of course)?
  • Josh05Josh05 Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    I have raised my Critical Reading and Writing scores by about 100 points from a 620 to 720-740 on my best SAT test which I recently took but my math has been the same for the past 5 weeks (620- it fluctuates from 610-630). I have the complete Gruber's SAT guide with a bookload of math questions, equations, solutions, and stuff. Is that the right one? Because I am wondering how you were able to finish hundreds of problems in one day as you stated in your guide. Cuz I just can't believe anybody has that kind of mind power to sit at a desk for hours and hours upon a time (perhaps with a 15-30 min break here and there) and solve hundreds of problems in one day.
  • SharonSUNYSharonSUNY Registered User Posts: 444 Member
    Is grubers math actually helpful because this book is starting to annoy me with it's little stupid strategies which I can plug into my calculator in 2 seconds.

And all I want to do is skip half the stuff I know

So any vouchers

Or to OP did you really go through all the problems in this book?

Btw 560 math score although before the test my BB math scores were like 600;620;630;630;630;630
    I guess I got nervous and scared
  • BIRDLOVERSBIRDLOVERS Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Bump for useful stuff
  • liv4physiczliv4physicz - Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    This is so nice of you to do! Why do you need a low-brimmed cap and earplugs?
  • braniacbraniac Registered User Posts: 404 Member
    ^To stay focused I assume
  • liv4physiczliv4physicz - Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    The hat? Haha how would that help?
This discussion has been closed.