Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

13 days left. The countdown to despair begins.

HaphazardHaphazard Posts: 629Registered User Member
edited January 2012 in SAT Preparation
Well, I've managed to score in the high 1850's. My goal is 2,000. School work is keeping me very busy with 4 AP and 3 honors classes. Any chance of 150 point improvement from now till jan 28th? My low areas are Math and CR with both in either 580-610 range and writing 740-760.
Post edited by Haphazard on

Replies to: 13 days left. The countdown to despair begins.

• HaphazardHaphazard Posts: 629Registered User Member
    Any thoughtful words of advice for this (me) SAT virgin?
  • KaizerasKaizeras Posts: 80Registered User Junior Member
    I actually decided to skip school for the next two weeks. It's stressful and they don't teach us anything particularly SAT related (I'm not an US student) . Seems like we're on the same boat , I need to get at least 1350 Math and CR but currently my results vacillate in the 1250s.

I'm doing well in CR but Math doesn't seem to be my favorite vocation.With less than 2 weeks left , I plan to start doing full-length timed sessions and work on correcting my mistakes.

My advice (from another SAT virgin) is to keep calm , refrain from doing anything non-SAT related and results will start to improve :)
    Well my CR fluctuates quite a bit. Some days I'll score 670, while other days I score 580. I'll be honest I dislike math with a passion. No matter how much I review or try to prep, I never seem to be getting better. Stuck in 590's.
  • bluenotebook2bluenotebook2 Posts: 752Registered User Member
    my advice is to not take the SAT too seriously. I seriously suggest just doing constant practice tests for the CR. I skipped the day before my SAT, I don't know about skipping 2 entire weeks right before finals :\ there are some basic formulas always used in the math. just keep doing practice tests!
    Thanks bluenotebook2, but the thing is that my household is pressuring me to score high. This is my first time and I'm nervous that I won't score high.
    Haphazard, I know the feeling! I was scoring in the 2000s the day before the test and got a 2300+ score the day of- a lot of times we know what we're doing but make silly mistakes! When we take the real thing, though, we dial it in :)
  • Fat_NerdFat_Nerd Posts: 941- Member
    ^ No, that's not totally true. You can do much worse on the real exam than on practice tests, and these cases are reported more often than those in which the test taker scored higher than on the practice tests. But hey, be optimistic, if you can.
    fat nerd, that's just what happened to a lot of people I know- we all shot up several hundred points the day of :) so that's just based on my experience!