Here is a brief list of tips. Keep in mind that these worked for me and this list might not help everyone. But give it a shot.
- memorize vocab from Direct Hits volume 1 and 2, Princeton Review's Hit Parade, and Sparknotes' free lists.
- remember that ALL OF THE ANSWERS ARE SUPPORTED BY THE PASSAGE; don't let your personal opinions get in the way!
- instead of justifying why an answer is right, think about why is this answer wrong
- PRACTICE PROMBLEMS
- develop a list of typical SAT strategies, such as plugging in the answers
- know your grammar!
- know the most common SAT writing errors and look for them every time
- essay: try to fill both pages, pick two different and detailed examples, vary sentence structure, and always connect samples to thesis