Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SAT score conversion???

kevin56789kevin56789 Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2012 in SAT Preparation
So I got a 51.5 in math, 40.25 in writing, and 41 in critical reading; if i was to disregard my essay score, what would be the score conversion??

I have a conversion table in my book, but it's very weird. for example in the math section, for the score of 52 the scaled score is 720-800. *** does that mean?? do i get a 720 or 800 lol
Post edited by kevin56789 on

Replies to: SAT score conversion???

• Kyrix1Kyrix1 Posts: 292Registered User Junior Member
    since whichever test you too wasn't a real administered test (or came from other testing companies like PR -- if this isn't from blue book I wager it's from PR 11 tests), it can only give you a range. Go ahead and take the average (i.e. 760).

Btw, if this is the first test from PR 11 tests, just let me say that this particular practice test is ridiculously difficult (imo).
  • rspencerspence Posts: 2,118Registered User Senior Member
    The 720-800 is just a range of possible scores. I believe there are 54 math questions; during an actual test it's really unlikely a 51.5 will score you an 800. I'd say somewhere around the center of the interval (760).

Since your raw writing score uses your essay score, it's difficult to predict your writing score without an essay. Your writing raw score is

Raw score = (MC score) + 2*(Essay score)

There are 49 writing questions and a max. essay score of 12, so the maximum raw writing score is 49 + 2(12) = 73.
  • kevin56789kevin56789 Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    it is from the blue book, the official SAT study guide from collegeboard
  • soxandsunshinesoxandsunshine Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I agree take the average, but don't be discouraged if you got a lower score than you wanted. Remember, especially if it's not the blue book, it won't be ridiculously accurate anyway. Even then, each individual test differs- my projected score from the practice I took was ~100 points lower than my actual score. It's good to give an estimate, but take it with a grain of salt.
  • kevin56789kevin56789 Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    but the conversion is taken from the blue book. that's why i am confused myself.
  • asdasd77asdasd77 Posts: 53Registered User Junior Member
    The SAT Scoring Scale has information about scoring the SAT.