Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

2100+ Goal

bgsullbgsull Posts: 21Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in SAT Preparation
I really would like to get above a 2100 on the november SAT. I am a senior and took the SAT for the first time in january and received a 1590 (460CR) (600M) (530W). I then took the SAT in may after studying for only a week and received an 1850 (560CR) (690M) (600W). Both times I only got an 8 on my essay. I am looking at Binghamton, Albany, Stony Brook, Seton Hall, and Northeastern (reach). I really want to get into Northeastern and possibly be accepted into their Honors Program. I will post my journey up here for the next two months and anyone who has the same goal feel free to join me! (:
Post edited by bgsull on

Replies to: 2100+ Goal

• bgsullbgsull Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    I only started prepping this week but I just purchase the SAT 2400 Book and Perfect 800 SAT Verbal books. I already am almost done with the College Board Book. I just started taking sections of a practice SAT and so far I just got an 800 on Math. Hopefully I can repeat that score on Nov. 3.
    Took the SAT today- if all goes right i think i got a 1410/2130 Hoping for it!!!
  • newbie101newbie101 Posts: 43Registered User Junior Member
    Good luck man :D
  • trossi2121trossi2121 Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    Hi! I really want to get my SAT score up to a 2100 too! I'm starting at a 1750. I just need a good study plan! I'm taking the January test and am hoping to get around a 2100!
  • YangfizzYangfizz Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    i am taking the January test as well. aiming for 2300+.
    For me, I didn't really focus on math because that wasn't my weak area. I also didn't take whole practice tests at once (not enough time) but I do suggest it. The book that I really used was the SAT 2400 Book. It really helped for the writing sentences and for the vocab. I suggest it and also if you look on sparknotes they have the 7 most common mistakes for the writing mc. I just looked those over the day before and to be honest, if my essay was good enough I think I may have gotten an 800 on the writing, but I definitely got 700+