Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

what study plan do you follow if any?

bhph11bhph11 Posts: 130Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in SAT Preparation
do you guys follow a study plan or just randomly do sections out of books and such? my plan is as follows:
SAT Study plan weekdays:
• One essay (25 minutes)
• One or two sections of math (25-50 minutes)
• One reading section (25 minutes)
• One writing section (10 minutes)
• Additional worksheets, reading, vocabulary, corrections, or new essay examples (15 minutes)
1 hour and 40 minutes total

SAT Study Plan weekends:
• One or two essays (25-50 minutes)
• A complete math, reading, or writing section each day (75 minutes)
• Vocabulary/ Prose reading (20-30 minutes)
• Additional worksheets/ flashcards (15 minutes)
2 hours 15 minutes
Post edited by bhph11 on

Replies to: what study plan do you follow if any?

• rspencerspence Posts: 2,118Registered User Senior Member
    When I prepared for the SAT, mine was less structured (usually just did a few sections when I had the time). I didn't bother spending over 1 1/2 hrs on any given day unless I took a full practice test. My math was already solid 800's so I spent all my time on reading/writing, which seemed to help.
  • strategictutorstrategictutor Posts: 15- New Member
    @bhph11: That's a pretty rigorous study plan... When are you taking the test?
  • bhph11bhph11 Posts: 130Registered User Junior Member
    i dont follow it religiously, i am taking the december SAT so i will try to cram for a 200-300 point raise.
  • oasisoasisoasisoasis Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
    Taking it in January and again in February. I've been more or less giving it around 5 hours a day so far give or take. I'm just always panicking and I feel like I never learn anything. I wish I had 50 practice SAT tests on a stack neatly on my desk and I could study off of those.

I feel extremely overwhelmed. Perhaps it's because I'm disorganized, but this is ridiculous. I wish I had some confirmation that what I'm doing is working (doubt it btw!). I need to break 2100 sooo bad. I took the SAT once during Senior year cold and I did poorly. Now I need to transfer out of here and I'm panicking. It's great.