Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

SAT changes in 2016

harvcrimsonharvcrimson Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
Being a freshman I hear there will be changes in 2016 sat? When should I take it? My sister is an eighth grader when should she take it? What do these changes include?

Replies to: SAT changes in 2016

• PeezusPeezus Posts: 239Registered User Junior Member
    It's going to be out of 3200
  • omgmakemesmarteromgmakemesmarter Posts: 162Registered User Junior Member
    whoaaaaaaaaaaa since when
  • xFirefirexxFirefirex Posts: 340Registered User Member
    Out of 3200? What will be the 4th section?
  • mathgeek2013mathgeek2013 Posts: 226Registered User Junior Member
    science probably?
  • ThePariahThePariah Posts: 1,305Registered User Senior Member
    Awwww hahahaaa my cousin has to take it in 2016
  • 2015snl2015snl Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
    I thought it was going back to being out of 1400
  • 2015snl2015snl Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
    1600* my bad
  • jbalakhdarjbalakhdar Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    And HARD!!!! The algebra is much harder than now. The reading comp passages even have graphs in them!!!!
  • PolyglotGalPolyglotGal Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    You're so lucky. There will no longer be the essay section. And the vocabulary will be easier. This is all a part of their effort to close the education gap. How is lowering standards, in this case, going to help anyone?
  • testadvicetestadvice Posts: 186Registered User Junior Member
    @PolyglotGal‌ - There will be an essay section but it will be optiona, IF your schools of choice do not require it (and many of them might, particularly more selective ones). I agree with you about it not doing anything to close the education gap though.

@Peezus - not 3200, but 1600 as 2015snl said.

@harvcrimson - Good question. That depends on a lot of factors. Are you planning on doing intensive prep? How is your vocabulary? Are you thinking you will have to the the SAT Subject Tests?
  • pckellerpckeller Posts: 869Registered User Member
    I was thinking of starting a thread where we discuss best strategy for current 9th graders and current 8th graders. But I just don't think we have enough info yet to be making a plan. I'll want to see actual sample tests. And I'll want to hear from colleges about what they will be requiring. For example, I would expect that colleges will accept scores of either format for the class of 2017 -- but we don't know that for certain. And for 2018, same thing. I would not be shocked if colleges say they want new-format scores only from the class of 2018. But that is just speculation at this point. For now, I still council calmness, hard work in school and lots of reading. We'll know more in time...
  • pckellerpckeller Posts: 869Registered User Member
    ...or "counsel"...math guy says "d'oh"