Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Sick on SAT day

misterpop92misterpop92 Posts: 396Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2009 in SAT Preparation
Hey I was supposed to take the SAT reasoning test on March 14, 2009 today. But I came up with a 101 fever last night and couldn't make it today. I tried calling collegeboard to ask them but they're closed on weekends. What should I do?
Post edited by misterpop92 on

Replies to: Sick on SAT day

• BrianPhBrianPh Posts: 111Registered User Junior Member
    You have until the 23rd to change your test thing.
  • bsDBer2010bsDBer2010 Posts: 449Registered User Member
    wait...do you have to do anything? if you don't put anything on your answer sheet, I thought it was automatically cancelled...
  • anhtimmyanhtimmy Posts: 3,256Registered User Senior Member
    if you don't show up to the test, it won't be graded.
    simple as that.

just chillax.
  • misterpop92misterpop92 Posts: 396Registered User Junior Member
    this was supposed to be my first time taking it. I don't want to take it in May cause of Ap's so that leaves June. Plus I'm trying to apply early to a school and so taking the oct. one puts me at alot of stress. And only being able to take the june one sucks too since I don't know how good or bad I will do on that, and the possibilities of me retaking it.
    Take the ACT?
  • lcelce Posts: 265Registered User Junior Member
  • misterpop92misterpop92 Posts: 396Registered User Junior Member
    Never prepared even the slightest for the ACT. Especially since I wasted almost 1k on a SAT prep class, i really don't want that to go to waste.
    I took the ACT with nothing but my SAT prep.
    Came out with almost the equivalent of my SAT scores before.

the only difference is time and the science section
  • driscoldriscol Posts: 547Registered User Member
    If you're pretty good at standardized tests, then you should not find the ACT too challenging. I went having done the free test peterson's releases online and received a score higher/equal to my SAT score. Just understand that there are more, easier questions with less time.