Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to Raise SAT score by 200 pts in 3 months?

bensf92bensf92 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited July 2009 in SAT Preparation
Hi, my gpa isn't exactly fantastic so I'm depending on a great SAT test score. on the most recent sat I got an 1880. how can I improve by about 200 points to get 2100? I'm applying to colleges in November and I figured November and December are the last two possible times I can take it. (BIO-E retake in October) what's the most effective way to improve on the SATs? thanks

I've seen how much I can improve by studying. I had a 1st semester sophomore gpa of 3.0 weighted and it went to a 4.33 weighted gpa by 2nd semester of junior year

math: 590, cr: 630, writing: 660
goal: math 650, cr 700, writing: 750

I recently bought barron's book and have studied the included flashcards, and I got the blue book.
Post edited by bensf92 on

Replies to: How to Raise SAT score by 200 pts in 3 months?

• sports_guy_5sports_guy_5 Posts: 206Registered User Junior Member
    You've bought the Collegeboard Blue Book, which is the first step I would've suggested anyways. Working through that entire book by November/December should give you enough practice. I was in your situation back in March with essentially the same score and i improved 190 points in 3 months. I didn't get through all of the BB, but i feel that if i had, i could have reached 2150+. Your math is the section you could improve the most on. You say you want to reach 650; I think you could reach 700+ with enough practice. Practice gets you used to the types of questions that are on the SATs, and prepares you the best!