Could someone please help to explain these answers to me? Thank you!
22. It was(A) a Chinese American grower who finally succeeded with adapting(B) the now familiar(C) orange tree to(D) the American climate. No error(E)
ANSWER: (B) LEVEL: (3)
28. Five years in the writing, (A) her new book is both a response(B) to her critics' mistrust with(C) her earlier findings and an elaboration(D) of her original thesis. No error(E)
ANSWER: (C) LEVEL: (5)
29. Despite(A) its cultural importance, the Daily Gazettelost(B) 70 percent of its subscribers since 1920 and, by 1955, was losing(C)as much as(D) $200,000 a year. No error(E)
ANSWER: (B) LEVEL: (5)
13. Psychologists advise that before making any major changes in your life, a person needs to focus on one's goals.
(A) your life, a person needs to focus on one's goals (B) their life, a person needs to focus on their goals (C) their lives, focus on the goals (D) one's life, you should focus on your goals (E) their lives, people should focus on their goals
ANSWER: (E) why not B? LEVEL: (5)
14. Some beaches are frequently contaminated by untreated sewage that flows into the ocean, which can last for several days.
(A) ocean, which can last for several days (B) ocean that can last for several days (C) ocean, it can last for several days (D) ocean, while contamination can last several days (E) ocean; the contamination can last for several days