Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is 1990 even a good score?

gadgorgadgor Posts: 373Registered User Member
edited June 2010 in SAT Preparation
I feel like it's very average...
Post edited by gadgor on

Replies to: Is 1990 even a good score?

• kobudnikkobudnik Posts: 835Registered User Member
    Depends what you're shooting for. If you're going for a top 10 university, then yea it probably is a little low. But for above average state schools it is good. And it's definitely far above the national average :)
  • LingerLinger Posts: 1,047Registered User Senior Member
    Its a very good score and actually far from average.
  • LAXer25LAXer25 Posts: 439Registered User Member
    On CC, it might be a little low. In the real world, it's a fantastic score! I think average is 1500

and it does really just depend on where you are considering applying to
  • metemanmeteman Posts: 832- Member
    Honestly, I hate threads like this, go look at the colleges you want to apply to, check their SAT averages and determine from that.
  • Jimmy797Jimmy797 Posts: 868Registered User Member
    ^ No need to be cruel.
    1990 is way above average - which is 1500. It's an excellent score. Sure, CCers might mostly be in the range of 2100+, but that's just CCers. Plus, a score of ~2000 can be raised to a ~2300 if you work hard enough.
  • Zohan1567Zohan1567 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    What university are you going for??
    I got 1940 on my first try and I don't think its enough. So I'm going to take it a second time!!
  • mathstarftwmathstarftw Posts: 313Registered User Member
    It's way above average but whether it's the best of your abilities is another story. I would bet it's not.