Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

1810-2100+ SAT: Possible?

jaffershahjaffershah Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2010 in SAT Preparation
Hi,

I'm a rising junior in fall and really want to get a 2100 on the SAT (and atleast a 200 PSAT), my latest test scores from a diagnostic proctored Princeton and Kaplan test were the following:

Princeton SAT: 1810
560M---Need atleast 140 POINTS
630CR--Need 70-80 points
620W--Just need a 10 or 12 on the essay(I had an 8 and got that score)

Kaplan PSAT: 170 (If I can go a total of 30 pts up in this that'd be great!)
53M
66Cr
51W

I've noticed MATH is an issue here, yet I've had a 100 average in my Geometry/Algebra class. I'm doing Gruber's Mathworkbook(and memorized about 150 of his most common SAT words from another book) and some collegeboard Math sections, is that enough to get me a solid 700 by December 4th? I'm also taking a princeton course starting august 19th and free kaplan online course. I think I can manage to get writing to 700 if I get a 10/12 on the essay and Reading is a matter of practice(+I have to memorize Barron's approx 370 frequent word list for school,already memorized about 100). Please help if you have any suggestions/tips for math or any other section.

Thanks
Post edited by jaffershah on

Replies to: 1810-2100+ SAT: Possible?

• jaffershahjaffershah Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Also, for Gruber's Math workbook, I've been doing every single problem in the practice sections from 1-1 to 2-11 so far. I'm not sure if I should only do the Diagnostic tests for the beginning of each section or do it and every problem to be safe.
  • jaffershahjaffershah Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Anyone out there:P
  • importantindeedimportantindeed Posts: 99Registered User Junior Member
    It's completely possible! There are many 'success stories' in this forum similar to your situation. From what you have told so far, you are already on track for a high score like that. But why are you doing the PSAT if you are going to focus on the SAT? I did the PSAT my freshmen year and I don't even remember my scores, it didn't really 'prepare' me for the real thing. The real thing is not such a big deal, if you practice practice practice and practice it will all be ok. Be sure to practice your time management too.
  • chemistry30chemistry30 Posts: 163Registered User Junior Member
    in the beginning of my junior year, the first few diagnostic tests i took were really low, about 1650-1750. Without any studying and simply taking 3 practice tests a few weeks before the actual SAT, i was scoring just around 2000, and got a 2010 on the actual. Your ability to do each section really improves over time from school, and can improve even more with studying, so i say you definitely could improve to at least a 2000. Good luck!