Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Does anyone also think that McGraw-Hill's Math Workbook sucks?

MasterJanMasterJan Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2012 in SAT Preparation
I bought a McGraw-Hill math workbook, and I find that a lot of the questions are not relevant to the SAT and there are many answers that I believe are wrong. I am dissatisfied with the purchase. Can anyone post their review of this book?
Post edited by MasterJan on

Replies to: Does anyone also think that McGraw-Hill's Math Workbook sucks?

• TRUFFLIEPUFFTRUFFLIEPUFF Posts: 1,999- Member
    That's why you should have gotten Gruber's instead.
  • collegeattemptcollegeattempt Posts: 191Registered User Junior Member
    I hate the McGraw-Hill SAT books in general. Like you said, they contain almost no relevant information pertaining to the actual exam.

A waste of money for me.
  • MasterJanMasterJan Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    @collegeattempt Well I didn't like McGraw's Math, but I think McGraw's practice tests were not too bad.
  • redoeduredoedu Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Yes - McGraw Hill Connect and Advanced Accounting SUCKS!

I have used both sucky MGH and Cengage (SW pub) textbooks and homework software. I can say MGH is HORRIBLE!!!! They've cut and pasted material so many times it's rambling gibberish.

I cross registered at another school for accounting because I don't agree with charging $300 more for being forced to take an online class that subsists of nothing more than powerpts from the publisher, a lousy textbook from mcgraw hill and even worse connect software for homework....Unfortunately I was unable to register this semester and have to take advanced accounting online at my school.

I have used Aplia from Cengage (South Western pub) and their textbook. The difference is night and day. McGraw Hill is JUNK!

If the department chair wasn't tenured and buying policies were open with all the complaints they've received during the last 2 years............there is no excuse for making such a HORRIBLE text & homework choice - none. Just try submitting a problem you have to fill out 20 questions and they never respond

RIPOFF!!!!!!!
  • DorkyelmoDorkyelmo Posts: 1,770Registered User Senior Member
    does anyone think mcgraw --in general-- sucks?
  • Fat_NerdFat_Nerd Posts: 941- Member
    The only prep book company that I will ever respect and appreciate is Barron's.