Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NOV SAT Japanese

nadallenadalle Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
Did anyone else take it? How did you find it?

I felt that the reading is alright but parts of the listening are quite difficult.
Post edited by nadalle on

Replies to: NOV SAT Japanese

• mcshelvymcshelvy Posts: 128Registered User Junior Member
    とても難しいですから、failed したと思う...
    I'm hoping for a very lenient curve. I was sorta daydreaming during the listening, I guess. . . .
  • nadallenadalle Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    私もそうだと思います。There was this really terrible conversation in listening- something about whether the conversation happened in a restaurant, house or an office, and something about how the woman feels. I got really confused.=(
    *むずかしかった whoops. .. -____-

& はい〜〜〜〜
    It would be an absolute dream if I got at least a 700. Know if the curve is usually good?
  • flbiiiflbiii Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    Don't worry... You weren't the only one completely lost on that one...

A lot of the listening went by too quickly... it's so hard because you can't miss one word or you get flustered and you don't get to hear the listening again!

That one was so difficult... The only idea I have is that it happened in an office because the man said ”失礼します”. I guessed that he was giving her advice... I don't know why... I guess I felt it went along best with my answer that the woman was excusing herself/saying sorry. She said ”どうも すみません” which can mean a very polite form of thank you or also an apology. So who knows...

I was expecting the reading to be much more difficult than it was, so I was happy with that section. But the listening was hard, and I also found the second section difficult as well...

And I have no idea about the curve...
  • flbiiiflbiii Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    Yeah, you're right...

Does anyone know the average score for this test?

Also I forgot, when did they say that scores are coming?