Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Should I retake?

SimoHayhaSimoHayha Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
I just got my SAT II Math Level II results and I earned a 740. I am aiming for top level schools such as ivies and their counterparts and I feel a 740 will hurt my chances in admission. Can anyone give me advice if I should sit it again? Thanks.
Post edited by SimoHayha on

Replies to: Should I retake?

• RainbowSprinklesRainbowSprinkles Posts: 1,703Registered User Senior Member
    ^not necessary, anything above 700 is good, although 750+ would be ideal (you're 10 away, so there's really no point in taking it again, esp if this is your senior year)

I got 640 and am applying to Ivies. However, I am verifying my scores! Didn't think I failed that badly
  • SimoHayhaSimoHayha Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    I'm actually still just a junior so i have plenty of time. Does that change your answer?
  • fledglingfledgling Posts: 4,256- Senior Member
    I retook a 760 on Math II (raised it to a 790). So I'd encourage you to go for it, especially if you feel like you can raise your score. I highly, HIGHLY recommend schoolisfun's Math II Guide, which he already posted on this forum. Reading through that alone boosted my score.