Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

US History Fear

jakeeejakeee Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hey guys, I am relatively new here and I'm not exactly the smartest guy. (everybody seems so smart, its incredible) But I would like to take the US History SAT 2 and MAYBE Math 2C. I do not take any AP (our school doesn't provide) and I'm not the smartest guy out there. (probably get around 1700's on my sat 1) Anybody have any recommendations for getting at least a 700 for both those tests? tips? books especially?

thanks a lot!

BTW I'm currently a junior, I feel like I'm preparing a little too late =(
Post edited by jakeee on

Replies to: US History Fear

• GreedIsGoodGreedIsGood Posts: 2,039Registered User Senior Member
    Retake your SAT1 seriously. Colleges won't even care about SATII if your SAT1 is that low.
  • PioneerJonesPioneerJones Posts: 1,575Registered User Member
    ^That depends entirely on the schools to which he is applying. Believe it or not, there are schools in this country who accept students with 1700's.
  • smwhtslghtlydzedsmwhtslghtlydzed Posts: 1,555Registered User Senior Member
    ^exactly. if the colleges you want look for students with 2000+ SATs, then you should think about retaking them. however, if they're average for the schools you're looking at, then you're fine. SAT scores are really only good/bad in comparison to where you're going.

in response to your question, i've used princeton review to study for the SAT subject test in math level 1, and it got me an 800, so i'd recommend that one though different people have different preferences. i would recommend PR but i'd suggest going to the bookstore and flipping through a few different books to see which one has a format that appeals to you, then go with that. also, if you're in US history and i guess trig right now, simply going through your class notes will help a lot. by studying hard in your classes and doing some outside review with a book or two, you should be all set. good luck!! :)