Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Math SAT Level 1 VS Math SAT Level 2

Eraserhead123Eraserhead123 Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
I did atrociously on the Math SAT Level 2 and think that even if I take it again I won't do THAT much better, but I have a feeling I could do very well on the Math SAT level 1. Given that the colleges already see my horrible SAT Math Level 2 score, would they disregard it if I did well on the Math Level 1 or do I need to take Math Level 2 again to make up for it?
Post edited by Eraserhead123 on

Replies to: Math SAT Level 1 VS Math SAT Level 2

• Eraserhead123Eraserhead123 Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    I desperately need a response soon - so if anyone can offer me an answer. Please do. Thanks.
  • ppierce34ppierce34 Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    If your math Level 2 is that bad then do take the level. Most colleges accept either. If you can take both.
  • ppierce34ppierce34 Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    I don't know if they will disregard it, but it doesn't hurt to take the Level 1 and get a god score
  • Eraserhead123Eraserhead123 Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    I guess my question is -- what is better?

Having a 540 SAT Math I! C and a >700 Math I C

or

taking over the SAT Math II C and getting probably around a 650
  • tradertrader Posts: 483Registered User Member
    650 still isnt that great for competitive schools. i suggest you really study your ass off for that math 2 if you take it...make sure you are confident with the material because if you mess up the sat math iic that wont look good at all
  • parikhsparikhs Posts: 1,607Registered User Senior Member
    I'm in same situation...deciding on 1c or 2c...from today's practice exams...1c score - 760 .. 2c score - 680 - which one should I take? I'm more confident w/ 1c..2c I struggled with and left a lot blank.
  • paunglepaungle Posts: 162Registered User Junior Member
    Is 720 on Math 2 okay?
  • kchenkchen Posts: 4,236Registered User Senior Member
    what test prep materials do you recommend to study for IIC?
  • amlariulamlariul Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    paungle: 720 is fine. anything above 700 is pretty good.

kchen: i would recommend barron's...it's more challenging than the exam itself and might drive you crazy, but hey, it gave me an 800. :) if math is your weak point though you might not want barron's...it could stress you out too much.
  • kchenkchen Posts: 4,236Registered User Senior Member
    amlariul: thanks. i just bought the barron's book. math isn`t my weak point (more like english), but i know i can still improve. thanks again =)
  • paunglepaungle Posts: 162Registered User Junior Member
    Oh amlariul, your reply is very nice indeed; much more so than many I see on here, and I certainly do hope you're right!
    Congrats on the 800 btw! =)
  • amlariulamlariul Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    muchas gracias. ^^v yea i hate the people who post flames. i mean hellooo...i think we're all kinda stressed out right now...don't need to make it worse for some poor panicky guy with a derogatory comment...
  • lixuelailixuelai Posts: 555Registered User Member
    If you know Precalc you should have no problem with the Math IIC. It is much more lenient than the IC. I bought the PR book and looked it over. Thought it was pretty simple stuff so just didnt bother studying and still did pretty well.

btw I dislike the Barrons book. Use that if you are over obsessive and wants to over prepare. Some of the math in there was pretty difficult compared to the actual ones.
  • elmyelmy Posts: 136Registered User Junior Member
    I feel like an idiot......i took physics, math level 2 and level 1......how nerdy can i get.....attempted to take world history but chickened out.....what else can i take?
  • laxmuleylaxmuley Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    What's better to report? I score well on Math I and Math II and got the same score. Is it better to report the higher percentile Math I or the more challenging Math II, if I need to pick one to put on the application.