Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Anyone take the Math Level 2 today?

MelzidErilMelzidEril Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
Anyone take the Math Level 2 today?
Post edited by MelzidEril on

Replies to: Anyone take the Math Level 2 today?

• faraythebestfaraythebest Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    i did 10char
  • sidwasnotheresidwasnothere Posts: 43Registered User Junior Member
    Same, jersey here. How'd you guys feel about it?
  • leeplee2leeplee2 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Hey guys,

Well I took the test today and for some reason, thought it was really hard. I usually finish my practice tests with 15 minutes on the clock and at most 5 wrong but today, I left 8 questions blank! (I didn't have time for the last 5). This completely took me by surprise. I hope there is a large curve because I am aiming for a high grade. The questions I did answer seemed alright though. How did you guys feel?

Maybe I just wasn't awake...
  • Yanks270Yanks270 Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    I actually had more time than I thought I would have. On practice tests from Barrons, I wouldn't be able to answer like 6-7 questions. On this test, I skipped over 3-4 questions that looked like they were going to take too long, but I made it to the end. I think I did fairly well.
    One question that annoyed me was the one about the intersection of three planes. Point, line, and/or ray?
  • dum dum popdum dum pop Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    I didn't take the test, but the intersection of 3 planes can be a point or a line but not a ray. Here's a pretty picture that shows that: Intersection of Three Planes
    Sweet, that's what I put. Thanks so much!
  • docsevendocseven Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    do you remember any more questions? i know one was like f(x) < 0 and another one was 5 and 5 for the median and mode
    Yeah I had both of those. One had to do with taking 15 percent of $600 and then subtracting 100 every year for four years. Answer was around 550.

Another asked what the points (sqrt x, x) would represent ---> part of a parabola.

What would happen to the z-score of a number set if each of the terms was doubled? Doesn't it double too?
    yup i got the first two. and im pretty sure i put that the z score doubles.

also i got pn is even and i remember that some answer was 52.5

do you remember some question where it asked which equation would give the same solutions if x was replaced by -x?
    Yes. I put something like x^5 - x^3 + x = 0 (Option B maybe). I graphed them both on my calculator and got the same zeroes for each.

I remember pn was even, but I don't recall the 52.5 one.
    yea thats what i did too. i dont remember that many more except for some random answers
    I left this one blank after not being able to figure it out for a while: The remainder of 452 divided by a prime number n is 17. What is the remainder when 50 is divided by n?
  • sidwasnotheresidwasnothere Posts: 43Registered User Junior Member
    I left that blank too Yanks, I felt like it was a waste of time to calculate out. I felt the test was harder than usual too. It was harder than the blue book tests and considerably harder than the may 2012 test. I left 6 blank and probably got between 3 and 5 wrong, so I'm hoping for a 750+
    I took the May one too, but I got stuck wasting time in the questions that take so much work and didn't answer the last 7. So I think I did better on this one since I finished, but I don't really know by how much. I'm hoping for the same results as you.