Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Math level 2

m0baik01m0baik01 Posts: 225Registered User Junior Member
780. Should I retake? Was hoping for 800.
Post edited by m0baik01 on

Replies to: Math level 2

• omerzachomerzach Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    I got a 780 also...I was sure I got an 800. I don't really think its worth retaking, what does everyone else think?
  • peaceofcakepeaceofcake Posts: 336Registered User Junior Member
    i would not. unless you're doing cal tech or MIT i guess...
    but really? esp since colleges see all your score.... 780---> 800 is a BIT obsessive. haha great job to both of you! many people would kill for your score.

now i have a question....i took the us history one completely without studying. i expected maybe a 620-650 but i recieved a 740. is it worth retaking it? i honestly just planned to take it for fun and restudy and retake it for 750+ in the fall. however, a 740 is almost...not worth restudying since i would have to reread history. it's not like math where you generally remember everything. since my goal was 750+ anyway...should i retake? this might just be my obsessive side... im also afraid that by the end of summer, i would have forgotten everything or maybe i just got lucky in june and i might score worse in the fall. advice!
  • omerzachomerzach Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    If your options are either to sit around all summer or study history, I'd say retake it if you think you can get a higher score. But the time you would spend studying to retake it could probably be spent on something that would help you in college admissions more, like extracurriculars and/or community service.
  • erajsalmanerajsalman Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    I got an 800 but if you got a 780 you'll be fine, it would better just to concentrate on school, college apps, and everything else you will have going on. A 780 is great and you all should be proud of the accomplishment
  • JashperJashper Posts: 219Registered User Junior Member
    I'm surprised; the scaling must have been fairly generous. I was certain that I'd get a 780 or so, but I received an 800 instead lol.