Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How much has test prep helped you for literature? By how much have you improved?

redhat007redhat007 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
Before I started prep I got a 590. After going through some books, I got a 720. How did you do?
Post edited by redhat007 on

Replies to: How much has test prep helped you for literature? By how much have you improved?

• MalfunctionMalfunction Posts: 303Registered User Junior Member
    Um, I'm taking Literature this January. A jump from 590 to 720 seems pretty good! What books did you use to prepare/take practice tests with? I'm using Barron's, but I heard it's a bit unrealistic.
  • VirologyNerdVirologyNerd Posts: 540Registered User Member
    I'm taking it this Jan. as well. I'm doing a lot of test prep and thinking about strategies (i.e. not bringing in own assumptions, getting evidence from text etc.). I'm using Barron's and Kaplan. However, I can't seem to get the jump between my average score range (640-670), and the score range I want, which is 700+. (My lowest score is 510.) I'm definitely not a natural at it, especially the poems. How did you make such a big jump, redhat007?
  • momo123momo123 Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
    Wow. Thats really good. I studied using Barron's and went from 650 to 700.
  • VirologyNerdVirologyNerd Posts: 540Registered User Member
    Momo: What exactly did you do to raise your score from a 650 to a 700, if you don't mind sharing? Because that's exactly what I'm trying to do and nothing's working for me.
  • QuasiProfoundQuasiProfound Posts: 7,623Registered User Senior Member
    I went from a 710 to an 800 by using PR. I swear by PR.