Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Environmental Science major?

franzferdinandfranzferdinand Posts: 434Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2011 in Science Majors
I was just wondering what sort of things you'd do with a major in Environmental Science (or Environmental Studies). I'm passionate about protecting the Earth, but I don't know what one would do with a degree. So I have a few questions revolving a major in environmental science. My main passion is writing, but I'm also involved with a few of "environmental" type activities, like a school club and local organization that holds volunteer activities like cleaning up natural lakes, etc.

Is graduate school a necessity?
What jobs are typical to somebody with said major? Do you work in a lab doing research, or outside?

Yes, I have googled and the search really didn't yield anything remotely helpful so I'd definitely appreciate your time.

Sorry if this is kind of vague. I know what you'll learn, and it interests me, I just don't know what sort of job one would hold with this degree.

Thank you!
Post edited by franzferdinand on

Replies to: Environmental Science major?