Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Villanova Software Testing Certificate

Henna20Henna20 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
edited August 2013 in Science Majors
This is the link Online Certificate Programs | Professional Education | Villanova

My question is, do you think this certificate will help me to find a good job with decent pay once i complete it? I am doing this because i want to have a job in Software Quality Assurance. The classes begins on September 1st. Please let me know if this certificate will be right for me to spend $4300 in 20 weeks.
Post edited by Henna20 on

Replies to: Villanova Software Testing Certificate

• simba9simba9 Posts: 966Registered User Member
    It's unlikely to help you find a job if you don't already have a CS/CIS-related degree and/or industry experience. It doesn't replace a college degree, if that's what you're wondering.
  • simba9simba9 Posts: 966Registered User Member
    Henna20, I just noticed your previous posting that said you were starting undergrad. If that's the case, don't go for the certificate. Focus on getting your undergraduate degree.

There's a lot involved with software quality assurance, and it requires no less training than regular, everyday programming. Everyone I know who does software testing has at least a four year degree.