Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Job market for physics majors

angelsolis18angelsolis18 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2009 in Science Majors
I'm considering a major in physics. Ultimately, i want to go to medical school or earn a PhD in physics. I'm wondering, after I get my bachelor's degree in physics, will it be somewhat easy to find a job?
Post edited by angelsolis18 on

Replies to: Job market for physics majors

• USCitizenUSCitizen Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Make sure, by speaking to the medical schools you are inclined towards, that they will accept you after earn a degree in physics.
  • AuburnMathTutorAuburnMathTutor Posts: 1,770Registered User Senior Member
    I know several people here at Auburn who are doing the pre-med track in Physics.

It's a hard track, and an impressive one if you can do well, but you'll be taking a lot of non-physics stuff too... biology and stuff.

A job for physics majors... you should be ok.
  • angelsolis18angelsolis18 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks you guys. I talked to my AP physics teacher and he said that with a bachelor's degree in physics, it's pretty easy to get a job as a research technician.

And I'll be sure to take the bio and chemistry classes that are required for medical school. I might major in biochemistry.

Thanks for the input