Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Barrons AP Bio?

adababy845adababy845 Posts: 1,097Registered User Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Sciences
its required at my school . are there any better ones or this enough?
Post edited by adababy845 on

Replies to: Barrons AP Bio?

• hoopser77hoopser77 Posts: 645Registered User Member
    I haven't gotten any of the prep books yet, but I heard Barrons sucks. I heard PR and Cliffs is the way to go.
  • ChickenFriedRyceChickenFriedRyce Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    I also hear that Cliffs is the best way to go. I have a handed-down copy myself and it seems very helpful thus far.
  • rutgershopefulrutgershopeful Posts: 173Registered User Junior Member
    my school uses cliffsnotes.
    it's ok, a little too compressed. like not detailed enough.
    the font's huge and the pictures are big but there aren't many to begin w/. that's how the book is filled lol. but then again this is my first month using it.
  • jeanyyoonjeanyyoon Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I took AP bio last year and my teacher recommended Barron and Cliff. I think Barron is easier to understand than Cliff as it has more diagrams and more explanation-sometimes too much trivial stuffs. But I liked Cliff because while it was compressed, it only contained essential information! I had to take time to understand each sentence in Cliff..
  • UFEddyUFEddy Posts: 239Registered User Junior Member
    Barron's does not suck, lol. I think the material is written out nicely and well, it's a different perspective than the Cliffs. I would go with the Cliffs instead of Barron's, though, since Cliff's is a bit more detailed.