Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Hardest and Easiest AP Exam

CameronKCameronK Posts: 108Registered User Junior Member
edited January 24 in Sciences
Out of all of the AP exams, which one do you think is the hardest? Easiest?
Post edited by CameronK on

Replies to: Hardest and Easiest AP Exam

• dooitdooit Posts: 1,470- Senior Member
    It really varies between person to person, especially the question of which AP is the hardest, but the general consensus is that Psychology is the easiest and Physics C is the hardest.
  • tchaikovskytchaikovsky Posts: 801Registered User Member
    I agree with dooit--this topic is very subjective. I thought Calculus BC was the easiest AP test, while the hardest test for me is APUSH.
  • GospyGospy Posts: 669Registered User Member
    Easiest - Calc
    Hardest - Physics
  • NalconNalcon Posts: 490Registered User Member
    Out of the ones i've taken, APUSH hardest, comp sci easiest
  • atdiemokidatdiemokid Posts: 155Registered User Junior Member
    For me: AP Euro History was the easiest, AP Macroecon was the hardest.

If I took Calculus, Physics...or anything like it...that would be the hardest for me.

In other words, its such a subjective question that it can't be answered correctly or incorrectly.
  • ivisivis Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    If you're good at art, I suppose AP Studio Art would be easy... All you do is submit a portfolio right? No questions, no essays, no study time but for preparing a portfolio which could be really fun if you're into art. I'm certainly looking forward to it next year. ^^
  • TGC06TGC06 Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    Hardest- AP bio. There's a lot of memorization involved.
    Easiest- AP Comp Sci (either). My school requires A as a prereq for AB and they're both incredibly easy.
  • rage_fanrage_fan Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    AP Phys C, I just got my Princeton Review books from Amazon, ****.
  • SeraphthroneSeraphthrone Posts: 339Registered User Member
    ok here is wut i think

hardest: english
    becuz i suck at it, i dont speak english!!

easiest: studio art
    becuz u even dont take a test, just hand in ur slides and stuff and thats all
  • amlariulamlariul Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    Easiest-Bio or Calc BC, and I think Stats will be pretty easy for me this year
    Hardest-so far Comp Sci A, I think I'll be adding Physics C Kinetics and Electricity/Magnetism to the list

It really depends on your personal strengths and the quality of the teacher. See, I'm pretty strong in Science and Math, but I have a first year AP teacher for Physics right now, so it's kinda tough.
    How can Computer Science A be harder than AB?
  • amlariulamlariul Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    never took AB, considering i didn't pass A. ^^;;
  • SenritsuSenritsu Posts: 31Registered User New Member
    I think that AP Physics B is actually harder than AP Physics C (taken B last year, currently taking C). You have to learn physics from scratch in B, but in C you kind of already know what you're doing. Also, Physics C is easier for me because the Physics C teacher at my school is awesome. So my vote for hardest AP exam would be Physics B.
    For most, applying calculus is an issue in Physics C (at least that's the problem in my class). If you're good at calculus, it's a breeze.
  • im_blueim_blue Posts: 2,142Registered User Senior Member
    Hardest: AP Physics C (E&M), AP Physics C (Mechanics)
    Easiest: Psychology, Statistics