Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

lesbians

ummaybeummaybe Posts: 14Registered User New Member
edited October 2008 in Scripps College
what is the lesbian community like at Scripps? I am trying to decide between Scripps and Barnard right now for early decision and I want to know the comparison if possible between the schools? Thanks...
Post edited by ummaybe on

Replies to: lesbians

• historymomhistorymom Posts: 3,467Registered User Senior Member
    read post #26 and the replies in the "Random Questions about Scripps" thread for some insight.
  • ummaybeummaybe Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    percentage?
  • historymomhistorymom Posts: 3,467Registered User Senior Member
    I have no idea about %age. I couldn't even make a guess and I am fairly certain that accurate statistics about sexual preference are hard to come by. Good Luck with your research.
  • eleventhirtyeleventhirty Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    scripps doesn't keep a record of the percentage of sexual orientations on campus, so i can't really help you there. however, the atmosphere is definitely gay-friendly. there are a handful of clubs on campus dedicated to awareness and unity of gays/lesbians/transgendered people. there is a queer resource center for the 5c's, too. i'm not much help on this topic, though; the best way to find out would probably be to visit the schools and see for yourself.