Chance me-- chinese
• SAT I : 1990 ( CR6320 Math720 WR650) Will take again it again in Dec
• ACT: /
• SAT II: Math II Literature Physics( I haven't got score yet, but I don't think I did well)
• Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): In China, I got 3.68(something like that) 3.69 In America, Junior year.
• Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): In China, I was 8 out of 1400( Everybody knows how hard it is to survive in a Chinese school) In America, I was in the 2nd Quartile
• AP (place score in parenthesis): /
• IB (place score in parenthesis):/
• Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): China Adolescents Science & Technology Innovation Contest Hebei Province, Gold Medal—Project Leader; Star of Outlook English Talent Competition, Hebei Province, 2nd Place—Team Leader; School Outstanding Student Award(only two recipients each year in my Chinese school); National Honor Society(not easy to get into!)
Global Connection—Vice President(Help international students with their study and relationship with host family;Organize field trips and other activities)
Senior Retreat—Group Leader
Harvard College AUSCR Summit for Young Leaders
School Spring Class Musical—Director and Producer(in China)
Spring Bud Program—School Liaison(Raise money for girls in countryside to help them go back to school)
JV. Field and Track Team—Member
Mu Alpha Theta National Math Society—Life Time Member
Water Polo Team—Member
• Volunteer/Community service:
China Youth Volunteer at Tangshan-40 hrs
Truette Elementary School Volunteer—5 hours
Gill Elementary School – 30 hours
Dallas Movie Festival Volunteer at Children Movie Craft Shop—7 hours
Persons House Retirement Community Volunteer—40 hours
Special Olympic Judge-- 7 hours
• Summer Activities:
A local Advertising Agency in China—Copywriter
Chinese Tutor(Tutor a three year-old Italian girl Chinese)- That's actually my part-time job
• Essays: It's about my dad and I. We did not have good relationship, but before I came to America, he asked my mom to give me a letter which is about his experience in Tangshan earthquake( the largest earthquake in 20th Century!) I just realized that he wanted me to be tough, so he argues with me and made me hate him. He loves me, and I always have his courage with me in my blood since i was born.
• Teacher Recommendation: By my counselor, English teacher and World Geography teacher. They all like me, and I trust them. I also have the letter from the principle of my Chinese school.
• Interview: Will take place tomorrow! Haha! I am nervous, but excited!
• Applied for Financial Aid?: No
• Intended Major: Psychology! I love it!
• Academic interest: Psychology! Math! Literature!
• Country (if international applicant): China
• School Type: Public in China(Top 1 in Tangshan!) Private and Catholic in America
• Ethnicity: Asian
• Income Bracket: average
• Strengths: My leadership. Devotion to Psychology. My experience is my treasure. Recommendations are powerful, too!
• Weaknesses: MY SCORES, MY GPAS!!!
It is said that Smith is not a school crazy for scores, but I still believe scores would be the first thing admission office cares.
PLEASE CHANCE ME! THANKS EVERYBODY!!! I LOVE ALL SMITHIES >0<