Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

A Couple Scholarship Questions

UnseenUnseen Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
Site says this:
"The Hunt Leadership Scholars award is for full SMU tuition and fees, less the amount of resident tuition and fees at the leading public school of the student’s state of residency."

What does the "less the amount of resident tuition and fees at the leading public school of the student’s state of residency" part mean? I must be reading it wrong.

Also, have they already announced all the President's Scholars finalists/recipients?
Post edited by Unseen on

Replies to: A Couple Scholarship Questions

• MaterMiaMaterMia Posts: 1,039Registered User Senior Member
    I believe that would mean you have to pay the tuition/fees for your leading state school to SMU - not their higher private school rate - but the rate you would pay if you stayed in state and went to that school.
  • PerunaLovePerunaLove Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    MaterMia, you are correct.

Applicants from Early Action who have been selected to interview for PS have been notified. The committee will choose another group once all regular decision applications have been reviewed. Although it is unlikely, it is possible that this second group could include students from the Early Action applicant pool.
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you for the explanations, MaterMia and clairepeep! I asked about the PS because I'm applying RD and some posts I was reading made it seem as if they were done selecting recipients (now I see that they were probably referring to EA).
  • CichlidkeeperCichlidkeeper Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    I didn't realize that President's is only for EA applicants.
  • PerunaLovePerunaLove Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    It isn't only for EA applicants, but potential candidates were considered from the EA pool.