Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do I have a change for Class of 2017? What SAT would I need?

premed4premed4 Posts: 944Registered User Member
edited September 2011 in Stanford University
So, I'm not applying this year, but next year, and I'm trying to make a primary list of colleges to apply to, Stanford most likely being the most prestigious. Other's high on the list would be Cornell and Emory. Could you chance me, tell me if it is worth is to use my SCEA/ED on Stanford or whether it would be too much of a long shot, and with my stats, what kind of SAT score would I need?

4.0 UW GPA at a New England Private school
Top 10%
Most rigorous schedule possible
APs: Euro (4), English lang (4), Bio (5?), US (5?), English Lit (4/5?), Calc BC (5?), Stat (5?), Comp Sci (5), Chem (5?)
White Male from CT

3 years of XC
3 years of swimming (2 Varsity)
4 years of track (4 Varsity)

Leadership positions
EcoTeam president (2 years)
Math Club president (1 year)

ECs (I'm in tons of clubs, but these are the only ones that actually do anything)
Model UN (2 years)

Volunteering
Camp councilor at a sleep away camp for a month (not paid)

Also, I'm a life guard and worked as one over the summer. Hopefully this summer I can get certified as an EMT.

I'm not really sure what my SAT is gonna be like, guessing 1500+.

Sorry that this is so unorganized, it was really rushed. I'm just looking for a "keep up the good work, if you get a _____ on the SAT you could have a shot, and it wouldn't be a waste of your ED" or a "Sorry, it's not very likely, and if you applied ED it would most likely be a waste".
Post edited by premed4 on

Replies to: Do I have a change for Class of 2017? What SAT would I need?