Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

***Official Stanford RD 2016 Applicants' Discussion Thread***

ojodeltigreojodeltigre Posts: 320Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Stanford University
Hey guys, I didn't want to hijack the EA'ers thread, so I made this one for those of us who will be applying for regular decision. Feel free to ask questions here, voice your concerns, offer some advice, or what have you!
Post edited by ojodeltigre on

Replies to: ***Official Stanford RD 2016 Applicants' Discussion Thread***

• AforAmbitionAforAmbition Posts: 291Registered User Junior Member
    Hi everyone! How's everyone doing with their apps? It'd be crazy cool if some of us actually ended up going to the same schools... and hopefully that'd be Stanford ;)
  • HopelessstanfordHopelessstanford Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Hey guys I'm apply regular too. I hope we all get in next year! Are any of you writing up the additional resume for the common application? I'm not sure if schools like Stanford, Cornell, etc... Like that better
  • ojodeltigreojodeltigre Posts: 320Registered User Junior Member
    I'm not exactly doing a resume, per se-- I'm basically uploading a more descriptive activities and awards list, a long with a description of summer activities.
  • Rush10Rush10 Posts: 889Registered User Member
    I thought Stanford didn't want resumes.
    ^Really? I've heard of people who attached one but still got in...Maybe it just annoys them a little?
  • sister277sister277 Posts: 131Registered User Junior Member
    "I thought Stanford didn't want resumes."

@Rush10
    really??I've never heard them say that
  • dapotatomandapotatoman Posts: 569Registered User Member
    I have heard that they don't want resumes. In fact, I believe they say so on their admissions website.
  • neuroscience1234neuroscience1234 Posts: 321Registered User Member
    Hey guys! I'm not attaching any resumes. Is Stanford your first choice even though you are applying regular? It is for me. i didn't apply early because of standardized testing stuff.
  • HopelessstanfordHopelessstanford Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Neuroscience yes Stanford is my first choice also! And same thing as you- I had to take two subject tests so I couldn't apply early :/ oh well, hopefully it will all work out
  • zrathustrazrathustra Posts: 306Registered User Member
    Stanford's one of my top schools, but I have to visit (and get in!) before I decide to go or not.
    Does anyone know if Stanford cares about when your SSR/transcript get sent in? My school makes it so that we basically have to order/mail them before we apply, and I don't want Stanford to throw out/lose my stuff....will they just create a file for me like most other colleges do?
  • dancer733dancer733 Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
    ^i think they have a file, so it shouldn't be a problem. use the mailing labels!

I submitted my app yesterday!! so excited and relieved its done. stanford is my first choice, even though I didn't apply REA.
  • placido240placido240 Posts: 636- Member
    DO NOT send a resume; do not upload it under "Additional Information." Stanford hates, hates, hates resumes. They say so directly on their admissions website.
  • PharyngulaPharyngula Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    Stanford doesn't abjectly hate resumes, and if you've already uploaded it to the Common Application, they won't incite a pogrom against you and your family. They simply don't consider it in their decision. Now, if you mail them a resume along with an additional essay and a family portrait and a detailed record of the migration patterns of the barn swallow, then they might get a bit annoyed.
  • ninmage621ninmage621 Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
    Hey guys!

Yeah i've been following the EA thread lol. I'm a RD applicant with arts supplement, so I submitted my app yesterday! =D