Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SAT Subject Test question

HoggirlHoggirl Posts: 673Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in Stanford University
The website suggests two subject tests. What if a student only has one? Is one better than none?
Post edited by Hoggirl on

Replies to: SAT Subject Test question

• haginrainbowhaginrainbow Posts: 156Registered User Junior Member
    Was wondering the same thing, I assume so. I only had one, but got a perfect score! I'll try and remember to let you know when I get my admissions result (for future applicants).

On that note, I recommend you change the title of this post to "Only One SAT Subject Test" or something like that for people looking for information in the future.

Good luck!
  • AerobugAerobug Posts: 773Registered User Member
    One is better than none, but you are putting yourself at a disadvantage because the majority of students will have two or more. Which one did you take? In my opinion, anyone can take Lit or Math I/II because those are subjects similar to CR and Math, which every student is required to take for the SAT I. I did much better on Lit (760) than I did on CR (690). Same goes for Math II. It's not too late to sign up for December. :)
  • HoggirlHoggirl Posts: 673Registered User Member
    I was asking for my ds. He is taking Math II in December. He is only a junior. The other possible topics aren't aligning very well with his schedule. He took AP WH last year, but couldn't take the subject test in June b/c of a conflict. He is now really rusty and kind of buried with other stuff. He is taking US History in the spring, but not APUSH b/c his school doesn't offer it. Not sure how well a regular US history class will prepare him???
  • henryvlihenryvli Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    Not submitting SAT IIs will not make any differences on your decision, taken from the Stanford website.