College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
- International student from South America currently living in Europe. Not sure if I'm a URM though. My parents are both white. Eh...I'm pretty tan, does that count? Well, I'm putting down "white" to be sure/fair.
- Will NOT apply for financial aid
- Oldest of 5 kids
- I will complete five years of HS. I did three years in the US before moving to Europe and doing the full 2-year IB Diploma.
- SAT I: (first try, studied not a single minute, have been studying quite a bit for the one in 2 weeks) 680 CR, 560 M, 710 W
- SAT II: Two foreign languages, 710 & 750, and US History 670
- GPA: It's very weird. At my old high school I had a 3.6 on a 4.0 (almost failed an advanced math class), a 4.05 on a 5.0 scale, and a 4.67 on a 6.0 scale. What has really killed me have been math and french. Other than that I have pretty much all A's. At my new school, I have a GPA of 6.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- Class Rank: Although my new school does not rank, I was in the Top 10% at a very large, very competitive public school in the US.
- Full IB Diploma candidate. Currently predicted at a 41 out of 45 with TOK/EE. There's a rising trend in my GPA, especially in math where I have a 7.
- Very interested in diplomacy/foreign affairs. I've devoted about 300 hours of the past years working in these areas thru various school clubs, community organizations, or just reading/researching on my own.
- Student Council President (200+ hours over 2 years)
- Vice President French Club (100+ hours over 3 years)
- Co-founder & chairman MUN chapter at my school (75+ hours in one year)
- Community service/volunteering (various things, ~250 hours)
- 3-year varsity golf player in the US, Top 500 national ranking (may play DIII if I end up at a smaller school)
- NHS member
- Have earned various school awards (principal's academic list, Community Service member of the year, blah blah)
Thanks a lot! Lemme know if I can chance/help you out with anything