Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Official Stanford 2014 Waitlist Discussion

taichi2000taichi2000 Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2010 in Stanford University
Just to discuss this year.
Post edited by taichi2000 on

Replies to: Official Stanford 2014 Waitlist Discussion

• LeidolonLeidolon Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    Ah, has anyone else been stressing out in the last few days? This past month I've been pretty much putting it at the side, being aware that our chances are low to none, but within the last two or three days I've been thinking about it a lot (too much for sure; my dream last night was about it).
  • taichi2000taichi2000 Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
    I'm not too worried. I guess I'm just interested in seeing how it will all turnout, but I do agree with you, this year it doesn't seem like Stanford will pull many if any from the wait list. I'm pretty occupied with activities, so that might be a stress reliever.
  • akman159akman159 Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    Estimate for number of waitlistees admitted. Go!

10 Char
  • ThemustThemust Posts: 95Registered User Junior Member
    So, out of curiosity, where did you guys/gals submit your deposit money? For me, it's UC Berkeley.
    I submitted mine at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.
  • mattmorenzmattmorenz Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    UCLA! :) But if I get off the waitlist at Stanford... who knows what I'll do.
  • stridegumisbeststridegumisbest Posts: 208Registered User Junior Member
    princeton (: so im happy either way!
    I submitted my deposit in Columbia
    Is everyone still excited? May 7 is coming up!
  • harvard17harvard17 Posts: 549Registered User Member
    When the university in question is STANFORD, almost everyone would be excited!

Hello everybody!!!
    Hahaha, agreed. Hello, Harvard17!
  • harvard17harvard17 Posts: 549Registered User Member
    Hello, with warm wishes and crossed fingers, Themust!

Will we be informed via email of Stanford's decision to move to the waitlist or will there be a public announcement for the same?
    If I'm not mistaken, they will start releasing decisions anytime from May 7 to July 1. It's pretty much like a rolling admissions now. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Looking at last year's admission news, they first announced they were taking students from the waitlist on May 7th, but didn't start sending the emails until May 12th. Other waitlistees were emailed that they were on the extended waitlist, and on May 27th the last round of admitted waitlist students were contacted.

On a slightly related note: The director of admission Shawn Abbott has just announced he has resigned and it will be effective on May 14th! I hope this doesn't signify/change anything for the waitlist. Here's the article about it.